This post is an experiment. I hope, as a result of this experiment, that two things will happen.
- A bunch of wonderful Languages teachers from all over the world will connect and swap ideas.
- We can experiment with the use of Voice thread and Audio Boo to defy Time differences
On Friday, I will be speaking to and working with the languages teachers who are attending the Lutheran Languages Day. During that day I am hoping to inspire them to get connected. To use the network we all love to find teachers from all over the world. If the can do that they can connect their classrooms with those of classrooms in the countryside of Australia, to classrooms where their target language is spoken natively and to people who will help engage their students in authentic conversations.
I know that many of you have lots of followers who are language teachers. So, I was wondering if I might be able to get some help – imagine the smiley batting it’s eyelids. Where every you are in the world perhaps you’d like to take part in one (or all of the below activities )
- If you’re a languages teacher, maybe you’d like to add your details to this Google Doc? That way I can help the South Aussie teachers to connect with you and vice versa. If you’re a South Aussie Languages teacher tweeter… ADD yourself too!
- Get yourself a Voice thread account and join in with experiment 1. I’d love to see how many teachers from different countries / speaking different languages I can get to say hello on this Voicethread. You’ll need to sign up and then you can comment and say g’day in your own language/ dialect ! Even if that’s in English from America, Canada, UK, Australia… It’ll be interesting to see where it travels http://voicethread.com/share/3353913/
- Join Audioboo.com and continue my conversation with me! http://audioboo.fm/boos/945350-languages-test-bonjour I’ve left an audio boo comment with an idea in it. But, the great thing about Audio boo is it will tell us where you are geographically. Adda comment under mine. Just say g’day in your own (or a language you teach) and let’s see how far around the world we can take the conversation listen to ‘Languages test! Bonjour!’ on Audioboo
I can’t wait to see if this works!